Thursday, January 1, 2009

Little Climber

Hannah got a stroller to push her dolls around in for Christmas, as well as a little playpen. She really enjoys them and spends all day wrapping her dolls in blankets, putting them in my swing (when Evelyn isn't in it), putting them to bed (I've encouraged her to use the playpen as a bed)and pushing them around in her stroller. But today she found another use for them. I came upstairs from doing something downstairs and discovered her inside her baby stroller. I guess she doesn't think she's done being a baby. It also helps that she is becoming more of a bold climber. She got a little chair for Christmas from her Grandma and Grandpa Hogenson and she's been practicing climbing in and out of it. Later that same day I was holding Evelyn on the couch and I watched Hannah discover another use for her baby's playpen as well. I took pictures of both events, and I think it's funny that they both happened for the first time on the same day. The sad thing is that although I took time to take pictures, Ben and I don't think climbing inside of her toys, especially her stroller, is a good thing. We're going to try and prevent it from happening as much as possible, much to Hannah's disappointment. I noticed that sitting in the play pen is making the stitching on the bottom pull out, and once when she climbed into the stroller she came dangerously close to falling out of it when it started to roll underneath her when her weight shifted.

No comments: