Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The One Way She Sleeps

Once again Evelyn is awake and I wish I was in bed, but what can I do? I realized the other day that she seems to sleep well in the swing, and she prefers to be upright. I think that's one reason why she doesn't sleep well in the bassinet. She just likes the swing better. It's too bad. I've come to rely on the swing. I put her in it to keep her off the floor, because when she's on the floor Hannah wants to play with her, and she always seems to squish her, or pinch her trying to pick her up, or all sorts of things. I feel like she's much more safe in the swing, and I can leave the room and not worry as much as if I had left her on the floor. I don't like to leave her on the couch either because, especially when she was brand new, Hannah would grab the blanket she was wrapped in and pull it. I'm afraid if I leave them alone together Evelyn will end up on the floor. But somehow I've decided I have to wean her off the swing to see if she'll sleep at night time. Wish me luck!

No comments: