Monday, December 15, 2008

I didn't forget about Evelyn

You may have thought after all those pictures I have up of Hannah that I had forgotten about Evelyn. Ha! No way is that possible. Here's a cute picture of my other little darling. Doesn't she have nice eyes? I couldn't resist taking a picture today. I can't believe how nice and fat she's getting, especially since she throws up all over me every night. Why did I just publish that comment? I don't know, I guess. Maybe I want everyone to read it and sympathize with my plight. While I'm at it I should also tell everyone that she seems to have her days and nights mixed up. She wants to eat every two or three hours at night, while during the day she'll sleep for about five hours at a time. And the time she is the most alert is from about eight o'clock to twelve or one o'clock at night, precisely when I want to be sleeping. But I guess it's all worth it in the end, isn't it? I'm just going to have to figure out a way to turn her clock around. But even with all that, when I'm about ready to fall asleep holding her at night, and I can feel my mouth hanging open, I want to hold onto her forever and look at her beautiful face and always remember it. I wish memories were as easy to preserve as pictures are. Somehow the memory always seems better, no matter how good the pictures are.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Her cheeks are so chubby--it's darling. Does she still have tons of hair?