Monday, January 25, 2010

Ben's Handywork


Ben and I have been very busy this month. It seems like Ben has no time to spare, ever. We're busy fixing up our house nowadays. Well, actually, Ben is. I watch. He's done a lot of painting and that sort of thing and since I am pregnant and want to be safe I stay away from where he is working most of the time. It's kind of annoying to have to watch and wait for results when I want to be participating in the fix-ups half the time, but it is fun to see our house transforming all the same.

These pictures are of Ben as he put it "performing a death-defying act" which meant he spent a long time on a shaky ladder, sometimes very near the top of it, just to change the light fixture in our entryway. It ended up looking really good though.

Ben and I have a ward talent show coming up and we couldn't think of anything to do to participate. Ben jokingly said something like, "I can't think of anything to do, unless they want me to change a light fixture at the church." (He's already changed five of them in our house.)

I'm lucky I married such a handyman. Among other things Ben has put a peep hole in our door for me, changed our leaky, disgusting, uncleanable tap in the kitchen, fixed a hole in the wall and a sticky drawer in the kitchen and built several very nice shelves in our laundry room and pantry. Last weekend he replaced our counter-top in the bathroom and installed a new tap there too. Everything looks very good and very professional and the best part is that Ben loves doing it!

1 comment:

The Lowry's said...

Wow he sure is handy. Sure nice to have him around when you are trying to fix things up a bit. If you ever come down south give me a call. We live in Raymond now. You should really come visit. I would love to catch up. Congrats on the new one coming! Where are you living now? I can't remember. Guess I will just email you instead of trying to make such a huge comment.